Monday, December 15, 2008

A personal note ...

Having three sons with my wife J continues to be a delightful experience. As they're all now in their 20s - its great to see them finding their own place in the world. This weekend I was privileged to be invited by my youngest (23) to join him and his mates for his bucks weekend.
Although he doesn't get married til the middle of January, the guys decided to hold the traditional 'guys weekend' before Christmas.
In my day - 35 years ago - a guy would never have invited his Dad to join him and his mates for the bucks weekend, but things have changed and as a Dad, that's great. This is the second one I've been to - but I have been careful to only hang out for a few hours.
We went bowling - yep, lawn bowls the game of old blokes. First time for me although some of the other guys had bowled before and they're all younger than me! Made me feel heaps better.
My son's mates did the traditional thing - putting my son through a series of 'dress' changes with the word 'dress' taken literally.
I left them on Saturday night and drove home - feeling that life couldn't get any better.

No comments: