Saturday, November 29, 2008

Business processes

They say that getting your business processes in place and working is half the battle when you start to run your own business ... that and managing cash flow. Moving out of a PAYE situation into doing my own 'thing' is going to force me to do the paperwork on a regular (ie - daily) basis.
This doesn't come naturally as 'my people' have always done this sort of stuff before, but now I am 'my people'.
So, finally got the ABN and the ACN and the tax file number all in place so once the bank says OK and sets up my bank account - should be OK.
Almost finalised my first three agreements with my (still) current employer - so at least there is the promise of some funds coming in from the start.
Then I'll need to start the marketing phase.
Anyone recommend a book on consulting?
Off to a wedding today - every blessing to Tim and Sarah.

No comments: