Sunday, May 16, 2010

So, this is what getting an award feels like ...

Just back from the Christian Media Australia conference (CMA) on the Gold Coast and still getting over the shock (a nice shock) of being the recipient of the attached award.
CMA is the peak body of Christian media professionals in Australia and represents Christian radio, television and film. Phil Cooke was this year's guest speaker.
On the Thursday night they have an awards night and as I sat there and turned to the screen, I saw that the first image was that of this blogger. As the next images rolled across the screen with a suitably serious voice over and music I realised that the winner of the award for 'Outstanding Service to Christian Broadcasting in Australia' was me.
Wow!
As I watched the video some to an end I realised that I'd better think of something sensible to say when I got up to the stage to receive the award. I am told by my wife that I did make sense, so that was good.
It's a strange feeling to watch your life 'unfold' on the screen and to realise that you have spent thirty years in Christian broadcasting. It's gone so fast ....
Thank you to those who nominated me and those who have enabled me to continue to work in this industry. It was a great honour and I was truly humbled. To God be the Glory.

No comments: