Monday, May 4, 2009

So - who can't read?

This is my local high school, where all three of our sons went. As I drove past this morning, something about the sign caught my attention. It wasn't the spelling, because that's correct. Ah yes - when did you last see a book with 3,400 pages?
I tried to imagine it - with some airport novels around the 900 page mark, a book with 3,400 pages would surely be too big to carry?
My NIV compact print Bible is 1,000 pages - so such a book would be over three times the size of a Bible! Wow ....
I think either the school has very high expectations of their student's reading ability - or someone has made a mistake? I wonder if the person who put up the sign went to the school? I hope not.
Wonder how many days it will take for them to fix it? I'll let you know. See this story in Column 8 in today's (May 5th) Sydney Morning Herald. Click here >

No comments: